Vegan Salted Double Chocolate Superfood Granola
Hello &Happy Tuesday!
If there is one concept that’s super easy to whip up, it’s a homemade granola! It’s one of those concepts that so seamless that once you try it, you’ll never buy a store-bought option again! I personally love granola as it’s a great play on the traditional oatmeal, it’s filling, affordable, and a great way to mix up your breakfast routine (mine is typically avocado toast)
Oats are comprised of antioxidants and soluble fiber which enables you to maintain fullness, lower your cholesterol, and lower your blood sugars.
However, granola gets a bad reputation due to the store bought options which are laden with added sugars and preservatives. What’s great about this breakfast concept though is that it’s so quick and easy, you simply throw the ingredients together and just bake! That being said, there is no reason to reach for a store bought option. I personally love to have the control over the added sugar content and I pack on the superfoods!
What’s fab about this vegan Salted Chocolate Super Food Granola?! Just, everything!
It’s quick, easy, packed with super foods, can be made gluten-free, packed with flavor, filling, good for any season, can be made in bulk, perfect for any season, low sugar, packed with chia seeds, hemp seeds, and quinoa, the chocolate is sweetened with stevia is a chocolate lovers dream, rich with chocolate with notes of salt, has texture, and it’s just my newest obsession!
If you are all about chocolate or effortless homemade breakfast concepts, you’re going to love this new vegan Salted Double Chocolate Superfood Granola!!
Why this recipe is great:
Low added sugar
Packed with superfoods
Rich chocolate flavor
Great for any season
Packed with fiber
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup Lily's stevia sweetened vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the oats, almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, quinoa, cocoa, salt, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and almond or vanilla extract together. Set aside.
- Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola into two large jelly roll pans in an even layer.
- Bake: for 50 minutes total, stopping about halfway through to check the granola and shake or stir the pan if needed.
- After 50 minutes, sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the granola, return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until chocolate chips are very soft.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Store: Let the granola stand for 1-2 hours. Gently scoop the granola into jars or an airtight container for storing.