Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
Hello & Happy Thursday!
There is nothing like celebrating our moms and some fab chocolate cupcakes!! Believe it or not, out of the hundreds of recipes on Eat Drink Shrink, I only had 1 chocolate cupcake recipe. That being said, it seemed like the perf fit to create a staple vegan Chocolate Cupcake with Sprinkles to celebrate all moms everywhere.
When it comes to crating the perfect icing, the butter has to be whipped. Unless you’ve prepared to do so it can take upwards of 30 minutes to bring cold butter to room temperature. If one doesn’t adhere to that approach, your icing may not have the right texture. Oster now offers a hand mixer with HEATSOFT technology that softens butter 12x faster!!
By using gentle warm air it’s able to bring cold butter to room temperature quickly while mixing, for fluffier results. Just how great is that?! Amazing compared to the thought of having to leave butter out on the counter for 30 minutes. Save time and energy with the new Oster HEATSOFT hand mixer!!
It makes whipping more seamless, the perfect Mother’s Day gift, and is also $20 off!!
What’s great about these cupcakes?! Everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, pack staple ingredients, offers a rich a chocolate flavor, the coffee further enhances the chocolate flavor, the texture is buttery soft, you can easily make them in bulk, an they are perf for any season, or reason!!
If you’re searching for the perf Mother’s Day Recipe or simply need a staple vegan chocolate cupcake recipe, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Sprinkles!!
Why this recipe rocks:
The perf icing
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 & 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder Unsweetened)
- 2 tsps Coffee Grains (optional)
- 3/4 cup cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 3 Tbsp Banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- 3/4 cup Vegan Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2–3 Tbsp Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
- Set aside.Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl and add cane sugar, coffee grains, baking soda and salt and mix together. (Coffee grains enhance the chocolate flavor, but can be skipped)
- To another bowl add the almond milk, vanilla, oil, banana (you can sub applesauce) and vinegar and mix in.
- Use a hand whisk to whisk out any big lumps.
- Add the wet to dry and whisk until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then remove the cupcakes from the cupcake tray and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your frosting by adding the vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Using the Oster mixer, start at slow speed, gradually increasing speed.
- Add in the almond milk slowly, only as much as needed to get the right consistency.
- When your cupcakes are cooled, pipe on the frosting and sprinkle with natural sprinkles.