Vegan Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Spice Caramels
Hello & Happy Friday!!
We’re wrapping up 2019, so we’re finishing off this fab year with some game changing recipes!! Long before this recipe I had dabbled in vegan caramels. I had tried some with dates, but they didn’t really mirror the taste or texture of real caramel. It was either too thick or too runny and just overly sweet. That being said, I made an objective to find a new vegan caramel recipe this year, and the Pumpkin Spice Caramel was born!!
This caramel packs the same texture, more flavor than any other vegan caramel, is made with just a handful of ingredients, and even contains real pumpkin!!
What’s great about this recipe is everything! It’s quick, easy, packs real pumpkin, has a great texture, made with brown rice syrup and condensed coconut milk, you can mix up the shapes, they’ll last a while if refrigerated, perf for fall, perf for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, have less sugar when made with Lily’s Sweets stevia sweetened chocolate!!
If you love all things pumpkin or caramel, you’re going to love this new vegan Chocolate Coated Pumpkin Spice Caramel!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs tons of flavor
Perf for fall
Perf for entertaining
Contains real pumpkin
Made with condensed coconut milk and brown rice syrup
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 20 caramels
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 7 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 can condensed coconut cream
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Lily's Sweets chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line an 8×8 pan or a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and cook over medium heat until amber colored (approximately 10 minutes).
- Once the sugar syrup has turned to an amber color, continue to whisk to prevent burning.
- The mixture should thicken. I recommend the ball test.
- Simply let some drip into a glass of water and if the texture allows you to form ball then it's ready.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla now.
- Slowly and carefully pour the mixture into the lined pan.
- Cover and place in a freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the caramel from the pan and slice into squares. Place on parchment paper. If they start to spread when they come to room temp place back in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave and heat for 1 minute, combining every 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Top the chilled caramels with melted chocolate. Coat twice to protect the caramel. Place them in the fridge to set for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy!