Vegan Chocolate Cake with 3 Ingredient Coffee Whip
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I typically don’t feature cake on a Monday, but Valentines Day is coming and I’m all about cooking! This holiday is typically centered around going on to eat and giving the tangible, but cooking is love, especially when it’s chocolate cake!!
While there are a myriad of vegan chocolate cake recipes online, this one is super easy, features minimal ingredients, and it’s all about the notes of coffee and the coffee whip!! Did you know that coffee enhances the flavor of chocolate?!
Typically with creating whips I’ll do a standard coconut whip, but the price is costly and sometimes you can end up with a can of coconut milk that’s just a complete dud. That being said, I was curious about other ways to create an effortless whip that was more full proof..
and the vegan Coffee Whip was born!!
What’s fab about this whip, is everything!! It’s minimal ingredients, minimal steps, you can use organic sugar, you can pair it with countless other things, it’s light fluffy, dairy free, low fat, holds shape, and just so fun to make!! We’re working on testing a sugar free version so stay tuned!!
This recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day as it’s your staple chocolate cake, rich, light, fluffy, contains no dairy or eggs, and it pairs seamlessly with this coffee whip and some fresh fruit!!
If you love all things chocolate or coffee, or just innovative vegan concepts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Chocolate Cake with Coffee Whip!!
Why this recipe is great:
Buttery soft cake
Effortless coffee whip
Can easily be made in bulk
Dairy and egg free
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 & 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsps Coffee Grains (optional)
- 3/4 cup cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract 1/3 cup Oil
- 3 Tbsp Banana, mashed
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a mixing bowl and add cane sugar, coffee grains (optional), baking soda and salt and mix together. (Coffee grains enhance the chocolate flavor, but can be skipped)
- To another bowl add the almond milk, vanilla, oil, banana (you can sub applesauce) and vinegar and mix in.Use a hand whisk to whisk out any big lumps.
- Add the wet to dry and whisk until just combined.
- Pour into the baking pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then remove and transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare your Coffee Whip. In the bowl of a standing mixer add the sugar, ice cold water and instant coffee.
- Whisk on high speed for 3-5 minutes. The mix should begin to thicken and get light and fluffy. When your cake has cooled, pipe onto the cake. Serve with fresh fruit. You'll have tons eftover whip to use for more cake or other things! So while it calls for 1 cup, you're not consuming that.
*The whip is good for 24hrs, can be whipped again to get more air in it, will hold shape when left out but I recommend keeping it in the fridge.