Vegan Chimichurri Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Monday!!
In the world of plant based eats, the most important thing you need, is a good sauce! So many newbies miss the mark with that and find recipes to be underwhelming in flavor. What’s beautiful about veggies is that they are a true blank canvas. You can take the flavor profile in any direction you please and the final result is up to you!
One of my favorite sauces, is chimichurri! I discovered this sauce back in 2006/7 while living in Miami. It’s typically served with a skirt steak, I know, horrible, but it’s such a game changer! In addition to the flavor, what’s fab about this sauce is that it’s comprised of just a handful of ingredients, packs nutrients, and is good on everything..
and I mean, ..everything!
One of my favorite foodie concepts, is cauliflower rice! It’s also quick, easy, packed with fiber, filling, and low carb. It too, is like blank canvas that can cater to any flavor profile making it the perf match for the perf sauce!
What I love about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, perf for an season, veggie packed, fiber packed, can easily be made in bulk, pairs well as a side dish for everything, you can top with whatever protein you like, and is non vegan approved!
If you love cauliflower rice, this recipe will be your new bestie! You have to try this vegan Chimichurri Cauliflower Rice!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can easily be made in bulk
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 Bags Frozen Whole Foods Cauliflower Rice or 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil, + 1tbs
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (packed) Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- Squeeze of lime
- 3/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles small grain.
- Make sure the cauliflower is cut up into smaller bits to grind easier. Clean the food processor. If you have the recommended frozen cauliflower skip the above process.
- In a pan over medium heat add the 1tbs of olive, and toss in the frozen cauliflower rice.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, then toss in the chimichurri sauce. Toss and coat and cook for an addition 3 minutes.
- Sauce: Puree all the chimichurri ingredients in food processor. Transfer to bowl. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)