Vegan Chili Wonton Cups
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one concept I love, it’s the use of vegan wonton wrappers! They are cheap, easy to work with, and can take and everyday concept and turn it into something amazing by adding aesthetic appeal and another demission of texture. The biggest obstacle however, is just finding a variety that is vegan.
Simultaneously, although I don’t gravitate towards sports.. If there is one thing I do love, its Indulgent, effortless & Nutrient Dense Football Eats!
Thus these vegan Chili Wonton Cups were a no brainer!
What I love about this recipe is that its cheap, easy, ingredients are accessible, requires minimal effort, is nutrient dense, packed with quinoa, shiitake bacon, makes for the prefect entertaining bite, has great appeal, multiple textures, is filling, and can be made in bulk!
If you’re looking for that perfect effortless winter bite..
You need this recipe for vegan Chili Wonton Cups!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perfect for entertaining
Non vegan approved
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 30-40 cups
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Red Beans
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream (as desired)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 1 large can organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 package Sweet Earth Foods faux beef crumbles
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan cheese
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 4 tbsp chives
- 1 packages of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms in midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can)
- In a pan heat garlic with olive oil and cook until fragrant. Add the onions, liquid smoke, Worcestershire, cumin and chili powder and cook till clear, then add the peppers, diced chilis in adobo sauce, spices. Cook for 5 minutes. Now add savory grounds. (cook for an additional 5)
- Rinse all of the beans to remove excess sodium and then throw them in a large pot on medium heat with the crushed tomatoes and precooked quinoa. Now add the onions and peppers to the large pot. For the best flavor let simmer for a few hours.
- As the chili cooks, prepare the wontons. Preheat oven to 300, place a single wonton wrapper in a muffin pan and press the wonton against the molding. Lightly spray with olive oil, and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Rotate mid-way to prevent burning. Remove from molds and let cool. Fill the cups with vegan chili and top with shiitake bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream!