Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Chili
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one dish I always crave, it’s my Black Bean Quinoa Chili! No matter where you’re from, when fall is in full swing, everyone is reaching for a fab chili recipe! Whenever I used to hear the word “chili” I would instantly cringe as I envision ground beef, which I never liked. However, you can make a gorgeous chili that’s veggie and flavor packed with no meat needed.
I typically get bored with dishes as I cook such a high volume of recipes. However, I could literally eat this by the buckets night after night with no complaints, because it’s just that good! (Bold Statement).
What’s fab about this classic chili, is everything! It’s quick, easy, veggie packed, flavor packed, affordable, no hard to find ingredients, contains NO BEEF, has a flavor boost with liquid smoke and vegan Worcestershire, packs additional protein with quinoa, is filling, can easily be made in bulk, perf for fall, and perf for meal prep!
If you love a food staple that you can enjoy throughout the years, this is it! You have to try my recipe for vegan Black Bean Quinoa Chili!
Why this recipe is great:
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 bowls
15 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 large white onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 large can organic crushed tomatoes, 28oz
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream (as desired)
- 1 cup avocado
- 2-3 tbsp cilantro
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the garlic with olive oil and until fragrant. (2 minutes)
- Add the diced onions, red bell pepper, adobo peppers, liquid smoke, vegan Worcestershire, cumin and chili powder and cook for an additional 5 minutes until onions are slightly browned.
- Rinse all of the beans and add them to the pot with the crushed tomatoes, broth, and precooked quinoa.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- For the best flavor, let the chili simmer on low for a few hours. Top with avocado, vegan sour cream and cilantro. Finish with lime juice
I cooked my quinoa in advance. Simply rinse, and then throw into a pot with broth or water. Wait til the little tails come out to remove from heat.