Vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!!
When the warm weather arrives I’m instantly craving all things salads. However, when in a bind for time or lacking energy I prefer something easier, like a chickpea salad! Chickpeas and white beans are some of my favorite canned items for countless reasons. They are both accessible, affordable, shelf stable, neutral in flavor, they can make everything from dips to burger, hummus, and of course, salads! To date we’ve done a vegan Tuna Salad, Curried Chickpea Salad, Buffalo and more.
When thinking of the next best chickpea salad, my mind went to Caesar! This vegan Kale Caesar with parmesan crisps and garlic breadcrumbs is one of my favorites. The dressing is so good and effortless, I knew the dressing would make a fab chickpea salad..
and the vegan Chickpea Caesar was born!
What’s great about this recipe is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, may free, cashew free, packs tons of plant protein, fiber, flavor, features kitchen staples, is perfect for meal prep, you can skip the bun if desired, and it can easily be made in bulk!
If you love all things caesar or just love effortless recipes, you have to try this new vegan Chickpea Caesar Salad!
Why this recipe is great:
Features kitchen staples
Perfect for any season
Packs plant protein
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup shallots or red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- Mix everything together minus the chickpeas.
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a large bowl. Pour the mixture over them and mash with a potato masher, fork or your hands. Leave 1/4 of the chickpeas whole with the others mashed. Serve on a bun with red onion and your choice of greens!