Vegan Cauliflower Tabouli Salad
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If you know me, you know I’m always finding a new way to love cauliflower. I find that the options are just endless in what you can do with it. One of my favorite spring concepts I developed last year is this fab Cauliflower Tabouli Rice! Tabouli itself if comprised of a lot of herbs, cucumbers, tomatoes, and bulgur wheat.
While bulgur wheat isn’t our enemy, I love to remove the carbs where I can and replace it with cauliflower as it makes for a more impactful dish in terms of nutrients and how filling it is. Tabouli may not be on the filing side, but if you switch it up with cauliflower, you can make a full meal out of it due to the fiber content in the cauliflower.
Needless to say, it’s veggie packed, colorful, light but filling, and the perfect base to pair with whatever protein you like.
What’s fab about this recipe is, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, nutrient dense, gluten free, low carb, vibrant, perf for spring, filling with the fiber packed cauliflower, can easily be made in bulk, the perf base to pair with a protein, and non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for a quick spring side dish, to mitigate carbs in your diet, or simply love a fresh modern spin on classic dishes, you have to try my recipe for Cauliflower Tabouli Salad!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
7 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt/Pepper as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin1 cups (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup (packed) mint leaves
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium english cucumber (about 8 1/2" long), cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Coarsely grate the cauliflower in a food processor.
- Throw the cauliflower rice onto a pan with 1 tbs oil, top with salt, pepper, and cumin. I don't recommend frozen as it will add too much moisture to the dish.
- Cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Don't over cook. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to cool.
- In a food processor pulse the parsley, mint, dill, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 3/4 tsp. salt, and remaining oil until herbs are coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl with the cauliflower, cucumber, tomatoes and gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt, if necessary.
*If you'd like to adhere to the texture of the more classic Tabouli you can finely chop the tomatoes and cucumber