Vegan Carrot Cake Bread with Cream Cheese Icing
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If there is one cake variety I’ve always been drawn to, it’s carrot cake! Whether it stems from being a November baby or just having an affinity for all things cinnamon, I just love it! This season we whipped up an effortless Carrot Cake Muffin and I knew I had to do a quick bread!
Quick breads are a great alternative to throwing together an entire cake. It requires half the ingredients, time, effort and they are just so seamless.
When it comes to breads, I prefer a buttery soft texture, but one that looks a little more dense and holds together. Breads should be sturdy, but also cake like, but not like a cupcake if that makes sense! That being said, I use this staple bread composition for every bread I produce as it just doesn’t disappoint.
What’s fab about this Carrot Cake Bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, is buttery soft, can be enjoyed with or without icing, packed with carrots, packed with flavor, perf for any season, contains no dairy or eggs, and perf for Thanksgiving or Easter!
If you love all things carrots cake, you have to try this recipe for vegan Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing!!
This vegan Carrot Cake Bread looks so good! I'm going to make this! Click To Tweet
Why this recipe rocks:
No dairy or eggs
Packed with carrots
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened at room temp (not melty)
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Press the grated carrots with a paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and fold in the grated carrots.
- Combine just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the pan. Top with additional rosemary if desired.
- Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Icing: Add the vegan butter and vegan cream cheese to the bowl of a standing mixer (or use a Hand Mixer). Beat on med/high until fluffy for 30-60 seconds. Add the vanilla. Now add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time over med/low speed until it's fully incorporated.
- Scrape down sides as needed.Now turn up to medium-high speed and mix until smooth and fluffy about 1-2 minutes. Don't overbeat or the frosting might turn runny. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Ice the cooled carrot cake and top with toasted pecans. Allow to set in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.