Vegan Cajun Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
If there is one veggie I’ve grown to know an love over the years, it’s cauliflower! You can simply roast it, make pizza crust, soups, throw it in smoothies, and of course, make a fab rice with it!
For many (including my husband), you have to pack on the flavor when it comes to cauliflower rice or it’s a hard sell. That being said, I’m always looking for new ways to love this staple dish as it’s just so good! Compared to traditional white rice, it packs more fiber, it’s more filling, it’s made faster, and I just love to mix it up.
When thinking of the next flavor, I’ve recently been all about cajun spices! We did a fab cajun pasta, and I just knew that a cauliflower rice would be a hit, and the new vegan Cajun Cauliflower Rice was born!
I love this dish for countless reasons! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs fiber, flavor, it’s perfect for any season, low carb, more nutrient dense that traditional white rice, can easily be made in bulk, can pair well with any protein, and it’s just such a staple!
If you’re searching for new ways to love cauliflower rice, you have to try this new vegan Cajun Cauliflower Rice!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season!
Pairs well with an protein
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cajun spice blend
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt + Pepper as needed
- In a large pan over medium heat add a drizzle of oil and cook the frozen cauliflower rice (5 mins) The ice will melt, the rice slightly golden, and residual water will come out. Remove from heat and place in a strainer to remove the water or simply press out with a spoon and remove. Set aside.
- In that same pan add another drizzle of oil and the chopped onion. Cook until translucent. (3-4 minutes) Now add the garlic, celery, bell peppers, cajun spice blend, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for another 3-5 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Now add in the cooked cauliflower rice, toss and coat and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve warm, garnish with chopped parsley.