Vegan Butternut Squash Pasta with Rosemary Mushroom Bacon
What’s great about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, veggie packed, flavor packed, perfect for fall, filling, packs plant protein, perfect for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, perfect for meal prep, and the bacon is savory with a hint of sweet!
Why this recipe is great:
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 15 Cook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 1 lb cooked linguini pasta
- 1/2 cup cooked cashews
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small package of fresh shiitakes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cracks fresh black pepper
- Soak cashes in boiling hot water for 10-15 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, butternut squash, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes. If squash is stilll not soft, continue to bake until tender.
- Transfer the squash to a high power blender with the soaked cashews, and add the vegetable broth. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce.
- Mushroom bacon: Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Once preheated spread out the mushrooms on a pan and bake for 45-60 mins until slightly crispy.
- Serve warm, garnish with mushroom bacon and fresh thyme