Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Fritters
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Out of all the veggies, I find that broccoli is looked over time and time again. So with thinking of the next best concept, I thought I would whip up something that embraces the best combo, broccoli and cheddar! When it comes to effortless concepts, I’m all about the fritters.
My next thought was why not combine this classic flavor combo with my favorite concept, fritters!
What’s fab about these fritters, is everything! It features staple ingredients, is easy, affordable, packs tons of broccoli, tons of flavor, no white flour, no eggs, these are perf for any season, perf for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, the cheese sauce can go with countless other dishes, and it’s guaranteed to make all those broccoli haters change their minds!
If you love fresh modern vegan concepts, you’re going to love these new Broccoli Cheddar Fritters!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No eggs or white flour
Perf for any season
Perf for entertaining
Cheese sauce can be used for countless dishes!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 large or 6-10 small fritters
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 large carrots (fork tender)
- 1 small potato (fork tender)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4hrs or boiled in hot water)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped steamed broccoli
- 4 1/2 tbsps Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup Panko, plus additional for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Cheese Sauce: Add all the cheese sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If you haven't soaked the cashews for a long time, add them to the blender first with a little of the almond milk. Blend until smooth. Taste, and adjust the spices as desired. Add more almond milk a little at a time if you find it too thick until you achieve the desired consistency. if you find that yours is too thin, add in a little more potato.
- Fritters: Chop the broccoli removing the majority of the stems. In a pot over medium high heat add a lil water and place a strainer above it with the chopped broccoli. Let steam for 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Drain the broccoli and let cool. Chop the steamed broccoli into pieces. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the almond milk or water and vegan egg powder. Remove any clumps.
- Add the Panko, garlic, salt, pepper, scallions baking powder, and vegan egg to the bowl with the broccoli.
- Combine and form patties in the desired size. Coat with a lil additional egg and Panko to prevent the fritters from sticking to the pan.
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat add 2 tbsp oil.
- Place fritters in the pan. Let cook on each side for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with vegan cheddar sauce.
This will make roughly 1-2 cups of cheese sauce