Vegan Blueberry Rice Krispy Treats
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Towards the end of the week, I crave effortless concepts even more. Whether it’s a seamless dip or a treat, I’m all about it! One of my favorite recipes is the nostalgic rice krispy treat! Something about it is like taking a walk down memory lane and again they are just so easy!
Made with just 4 ingredients and take upwards of only 10 minutes to whip up, it’s just a win win all around. Today you can find a variety of vegan marshmallows, vegan butter and even alternative Rice Krispy Cereal options. That makes this even more of an approachable option.
When it comes to making these treats, I love to mix it up with flavors and put a modern spin on them. You can easily incorporate dried fruit to add, color, texture, and flavor to you basic marshmallow treat. That being said, these new vegan Blueberry Rice Krispy Treats were the answer! Can’t find freeze dried blueberries? You can use dried too!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs blueberries, is perf for spring and summer, has a softer and less dense texture than other varieties, they have more aesthetic appeal, more texture, are great for entertaining, and are just so fun!
If you love staple recipes, you have to try these vegan Blueberry Rice Krispy Treats!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for spring and summer!
Packed with blueberries
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 Squares
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Cereal
- 1 bag My Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1.2 oz Freeze Dried Blueberries (used whole foods brand)
- In a large pot over medium heat add the vegan butter.
- Once melted add the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combined. Make sure to not have the heat up too high as this will create hard marshma,kwtreats.
- Once melted add the freeze dried blueberries and combine, crushing the majority and leaving a few whole..
- Once fully combined add in the cereal a little at a time until combined. Typically treats request 6 cups of cereal, but I like to do less as they'll remain softer and less dense.
- Remove from heat and spread the mixture in the pan with another sheet of parchment paper to create an even layer. The mixture will be hot.
- Once you have the thickness you desire, make the slices. Serve immediately and store away so they don't dry out and harden.