Vegan Blueberry Basil Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
When it comes to the weekends I’m all about a good biscuits or a stack of pancakes! Every weekend I try and future at least one of the two and search for fun flavor combos. While to some people pairing fruit with herbs is foreign, however, it’s my favorite approach as it just adds another dimension of flavor that leaves you coming back for more.
I started pairing fruit with herbs back in 2014 and haven’t looked back. I love to do blueberries and strawberries with basil, thyme is also great with anything and lemon and rosary is one of my favorites! In addition to herbs adding more flavor, they also bring aesthetic appeal that just catches your eye.
What’s great about these pancakes, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, fluffy, cook all the way thru, contain not even a vegan egg, are oil free, you can use the base to make countless variations, they pack tons of fruit, notes of blueberries, the flavor combo is perfect for any season, and are great for entertaining!
If you love innovative flavor combos or simply a good staple pancake recipe, you’re going to love these new vegan Blueberry Basil Pancakes!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season!
No vegan egg needed
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 bunch basil, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a bowl add almond milk, lemon juice, almond or vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Fold the blueberries and sliced basil into the batter.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and additional blueberries and basil.