Vegan Black Bean Dip
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been a bean dip person. Sadly, the only bean dip that we had growing up was typically the store bought canned option, which is needless to say just a terrible option. So today I’m spilling the beans on my favorite bean dip recipe, because it’s just so good!
Bean dip gets a bad wrap for being just basic and underwhelming. That being said, I wanted to explore recipes to create one that was flavor packed and memorable.
This bean dip is my go to for countless reasons. It’s quick, easy, affordable, can be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, essential for Cinco de Mayo, packed with protein and fiber, packs a lil heat, a lil acid, can be used as a dip or on tacos and more!
If you’re searching for that staple bean dip to use all year round, you have to try my staple vegan Black Bean Dip!!
Love me some classic bean dip! Link: http://eatdrinkshrink.com/cooking/vegan-black-bean-dip Click To Tweet
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 cups
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cans black beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 cup mild green chiles or pickled jalapeños
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- Garnish: cilantro, red onion, optional green onion
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Throw all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired. Garnish with diced red onion and cilantro. Serve chilled or room temperature.