Vegan Copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
We’ve been going down the list creating effortless vegan 4th of July concepts. As I sat and brainstormed about what the next recipe should be, I thought about my bucket list and my mind immediately went to.. Avocado Egg Rolls! While I like to keep fried concepts to a minimum on EDS, there are a few staples you just have experience and one of them is this recipe!
I discovered this dish on the Cheesecake Factory menu back in circa 2002. This recipe has evolved to be iconic and what they are known for today. That being said, it was always in the back of my mind to explore a homemade vegan option! This appetizer typically comes with a more sweet vinegar dipping sauce, but I wanted to gravitate away from sweet to incorporate the heat, and the vegan Jalapeno Ranch was born!
Let me count the ways I love this dish! it’s quick, easy, affordable, can be made in bulk, cut into smaller pieces for more bite size portions with entertaining, it’s crispy, crunchy, tastes just like the traditional recipe, it’s good for any season, you can air fry if desired (outside will look a lil different), the dipping sauce brings the heat to tie the flavors together, and the dipping sauce can be used for countless other dishes!
If you love all things avocados or are obsessed with restaurant version, you have to try these new vegan Cheesecake Factory Copycat Avocado Egg Rolls with Jalapeño Ranch!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Can be air fried
You can cut in half for bite size portions
The Jalapeño Ranch is a game changer!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 large avocados (peeled, pitted, & diced)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegan Egg roll wraps (Dynasty brand)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently mash the avocados, diced sun dried tomatoes, diced jalapeño, diced red onion and finely chopped cilantro. using with a fork or potato masher.
- Now add the lime juice, salt and pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine.
- Place a small cup of water at your station. Working one at a time, place avocado mixture in the near a corner of the wrapper. (I've also seen people lay in the middle) Wet your fingertips with water and dab the edges of each wrapper.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the wrapper is reached. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrapper again with water, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and avocado mixture.
- Working in batches, add egg rolls to the pan and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with the Jalapeño Ranch Dressing.
- Jalapeño Ranch: Throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.