Vegan Avocado Brownie Sundae Cups
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Today is National Ice Cream Day so it only seemed fitting to whip up an effortless brownie sundae. I don’t know about you, but I love a good homemade brownie. Since getting into vegan cuisine I’ve tried all variations of them. From black beans to pumpkin and more, they typically disappoint in terms of texture or flavor. My personal favorite, are these Avocado Brownies!
Believe it or not avocado with a lil bit of banana and peanut butter make a fab brownie texture. Don’t think it’s possible? You have to try these for yourself!
There is so much I love about this recipe. Number one it features minimal ingredients, all are staples, minimal added sugar, no white flour, contain no oil, have the perfect texture, are rich in chocolate flavor, they stay fresh for days, you can mix up the quantities of the ingredients and still get a great result and bonus, they make a perfect ice cream sundae mold!
If you love effortless gluten free and oil free desserts, you have to try these vegan Avocado Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with healthy fats
Packed with protein
Perfect for any season
Contains no flour or oil
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe avocado about 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin
- In a food processor, throw everything in and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the bottom and side of the bowl and process for an extra 15 seconds to make sure all the batter is combine - no lumps.
- Transfer the batter into the muffin pan filling only 2/3 the way full
- Bake for 25 minutes, stopping mid bake to scoop out the middle with a measuring spoon (optional) or until the center is done. Allow to fully cool in the tin. Then transfer onto a cooling to firm up for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Store the brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. This makes 6 brownie cups. To assemble top with vanilla ice cream and your favorite fixings.