1 Bowl Vegan Apple Cider Sheet Cake with Maple Icing
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Fall is officially here. So that means you officially don’t look crazy for posting all things pumpkin and apple cider! I personally get excited about the shifting of the seasons, because towards the end I’m craving something new. While summer foods are my favorite, I love all things pumpkin and apple cider!
In recent years pumpkin has absolutely eclipsed all things apple cider, but there is something nostalgic about this flavor profile that keeps you coming back. Whether you loved it or hated it, when in a baked good, it’s so good! So with brainstorming about the next sheet cake, I knew we had to do an apple cider one! In recent months I’ve been obsessed with the minimalist sheet cake. I find that layer cakes can be overwhelming to most people and icing etc, just becomes too much. However, you can honestly make a fab vegan sheet cake in half the time, with half the effort and it tastes just as good! No creaming butter, no multiple bowls, just one single pan! You can’t beat that.
What’s great about this cake, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, buttery soft, has real apple cider in it and no just spices, requires 1 bowl, mess free, hassle free, perfect for fall, can easily be made in bulk, and the maple icing puts it over the top!
If you love all things apple cider or effortless sheet cakes, you have to try this new 1 Bowl Vegan Apple Cider Cake with Maple Icing!!
Why this cake is great:
Packs real apple cider
Perfect for fall
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container ready made vegan icing
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon and salt in a greased 8" square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla extract into the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative otherwise your cake will be more dense and won't rise.
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the apple cider and brown sugar. whisk until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the entire thing and mix until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. Allow to fully cool.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine icing and maple extract. Blend until smooth. Ice the cooled cake and enjoy! (For better aesthetic appeal, cut the edges off and then ice!)