Vegan 10 Minute Creamy Red Sauce
Disclosure: This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FunWithGardeinFrozen
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Since exploring plant based living the last 17 years, I’ve tried countless vegan products. One company that has always stood out to me with the most innovative products is Gardein®! To date they offer an array of product from vegan fish to “chicken” tenders and more. I typically make everything from scratch, but let’s be honest..
When times get busy I love to reach for a ready made option that delivers in terms of taste, and Gardein® products always do! Whether you’re in a bind for time or looking to explore plant based options, Gardein makes the process seamless!
Find the product at your local Whole Foods here
In addition to being a great accessible and convenient plant based option, their products deliver in taste, quality, and texture, are Non-GMO project verified and contain no artificial colors or flavors, preservatives, cholesterol, trans fats, MSG, or PHOs.
When my days are packed with mom life and work I love to whip up a quick pasta dish. Many store bought sauces can be laden with added preservatives and sugars, and there could be a temporary shortage given the current climate. That being said, I wanted to share a quick and easy way to make your own sauce with just a handful of ingredients.
No time? No money? No sauce?, you need this recipe!!
What’s great about this sauce is that it’s so quick and easy, but it also features only staple ingredients, packs a rich flavor, a creaminess, pairs well with the Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders and you can easily make this in bulk and throw on countless other dishes!!
If you’re looking to explore meat alternatives or need a staple go to ready made red sauce, you have to try my recipe for vegan 10 Minute Creamy Red Sauce!!
Looking for more recipe inspiration visit their Instagram page
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Package Gardein Seven Grain Tenders
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 10 minutes. Place in a high power blender with the almond milk and blend until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic and cook until just softened -- just a minute or two.
- Add the tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and sugar to the pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add in the cashew/almond milk mixture. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Place Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Allow to slightly cool and serve with fresh pasta and 10 minute sauce!