Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
The fourth is coming and I’m all about effortless festive eats. I personally love this holiday as there are so many ways to make a vibrant spread featuring red, white, and blue foods. One of my favorite desserts is actually, a trifle! Whether it’s whip cream, cake, or pudding or C, all of the above, I just find them aesthetically fun.
Perhaps it’s combining multiple textures or the ability to create aesthetic appeal with the dish itself, I always crave one around this time. That being said, with the 4th coming this Saturday, I knew it was a must!
What’s great about this recipe, is simply everything because it’s all so simple to throw together. It features my quick and easy vegan vanilla cake, fresh strawberry rhubarb compote, easy ready made whip cream (or you can make your own coconut whip), it can easily be made in bulk, you can make mini size portions for entertaining or one large one, it’s festive, the cake is buttery soft, has notes of tart rhubarb, you can switch up the fruit if desired, it’s light and refreshing, and it’s honestly hands down one of my favorite recipes!
If you’re looking for quick and easy 4th of July desserts or simply love effortless vegan desserts, you have to try the new vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Parfaits!
Why this recipe is great:
Buttery soft cake
Perfect for any season
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and cut into thick slices
- 2 stalks rhubarb
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package frozen coconut whip
- Place the strawberries into a large bowl and sprinkle with half of the lemon juice. Lightly toss.
- Combine the strawberries, sliced rhubarb, sugar, vanilla in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Combine the remaining lemon juice with corn starch in a shallow dish. Combine, removing any remaining clumps. Bring to a simmer and cook just until the berries begin to break down and give up their juices, about 3 minutes. Take the mixture off the heat and let cool; the mixture should thicken up as is cools.
- Cake: Follow the Easy Vegan Vanilla Cake - cut into cubes
- To assemble the trifle, spoon a layer into individual serving dishes or a large glass bowl, switching off with each. You can choose the layers as you see fit! Place in the fridge until ready to serve.