Vegan Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
If there is one concept that is a must for the fall season, it’s Pumpkin Soup! Once upon a time I viewed soup as this intricate dish that I just couldn’t do. However, if you’re new to cooking or simply don’t have a lot of extra time on your hands, soups will be your new BFF!
Typically soups are laden with sodium, beef or chicken stock, heavy cream etc. That’s another reason why I like to whip up my own as you can make a fab vegan soup with just a handful of ingredients.
When it comes to pumpkin soup, you can make it with the canned puree option, but it’s so easy just to roast a sugar pumpkin in the oven. Something I’ve also come to find is that roasting everything really enhances the flavor of any soup. If you’re making a soup..
Always roast the ingredients if you can!
What’s fab about this soup, is everything! It’s quick, easy, veggie packed, flavor packed, slightly savory, slightly sweet, perf for fall, can easily be made in bulk, truly captures the essence of fall, and is affordable too!
If you’re searching for that perfect fall soup to add to your cooking routine, this vegan Roasted Pumpkin Soup is it!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tons of flavor
Perf for fall
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-6 servings
45 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 sugar pumpkin, halved, seeded and quartered
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered and seeded
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet
- Place pumpkin, apple and quarter onions in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork-tender, stirring at halftime; let cool, then remove skins.
- Throw all the roasted veggies in a food processor or blender with the stock, garlic, and thyme. Throw the blended soup in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer and add the coconut milk, salt, pepper, and pumpkin spice. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with apples, fried sage and coconut milk
You can mix up the flavor by incorporating ginger, more pumpkin spice, cinnamon, or throwing some shiitake bacon or pumpkin seeds on top!