Vegan Lemon Strawberry Superfood Granola
Hello & Happy Monday!!
The spring weather is just around the corner, so I’m already craving all the fruit forward concepts! No matter what the season, I personally love all things lemon. I find that lemon is a palate cleaners, it’s light, refreshing and not overwhelming to the tastebuds. In addition, lemon just pairs with everything. The sweet, the savory, all of it!! It even reduces plant based iron to a more absorbable form so you can extract it more efficiently.
Something I never got into until recently, was granola. I never enjoyed it for breakfast as I’m an avocado toast person, and if I ever craved it, I would just buy it. However, I had no idea just how easy it is to whip up a homemade batch! Not only does it taste better like everything homemade, but you control the amount of sugar, which can be excessive in store bought options, and you can pack on the superfoods.
What I love most about homemade granola, is that the options are endless with flavors and add ons and you can salvage fruit that’s on it’s way out so you’re not wasting. You never get bored with flavors and you’re saving money, you can’t go wrong!
What wonderful about this recipe, is everything! It’s easy, affordable, you can pair it dairy free yogurt or whatever you like, it’s packed with super foods, gluten free, colorful, has notes of lemon, you can dehydrate your own strawberries, the oats pack fiber, the quinoa packs protein, and the list goes on!
If you love meal prep concepts or all things lemon, you’re going to love this new vegan Lemon Strawberry Superfood Granola!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with superfoods
Packed with fiber
You can make your own dehydrated strawberries
Notes of lemon
Perfect for spring
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
2 hr, 50 Cook Time
3 hrTotal Time
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 squeeze of lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Lay sliced strawberries out on a pan covered in parchment paper and bake for 2-3 hours until desired texture.
- Remove from heat and allow to set while the granola bakes.
- The strawberries will dry out further once removed from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the oats, almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, quinoa, salt, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest maple syrup, and almond or vanilla extract together. Set aside.
- Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola onto a large pan in an even layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes total, stopping about halfway through to check the granola and shake or stir the pan if needed.
- Let the granola stand for 1-2 hours.
- Gently scoop the granola into jars or an airtight container with the dehydrated strawberries.