Vegan Lemon Blueberry Superfood Granola
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Every few months I discover a new love for a food concept. Right now, it’s granola! I’ve never been a granola person as the typical store bought options are packed with sugar and additives and I prefer a less carb heavy breakfast. However, if made from scratch, you have control over the sugar content and everything else that goes into it.
So why are there endless granola companies even today?! Because it’s SO EASY to make and the cost is pennies. That being said, skip the overpriced store bought options and simply make it yourself! How many times do you see berries on their way out?! (all the time) Stop wasting money and food and throw it in some granola. Think you need a fancy dehydrator?! You don’t. Simply toss in the oven and walk away.
Believe it or not, there weren’t a lot of lemon blueberry granola recipes online. That being said, it was an easy answer with what blend to try next! What’s great about this recipe, is honestly, everything! It’s easy to throw together, affordable, features tons of superfoods that add nutrients and texture, it has a gorgeous lemon flavor, homemade dried blueberries, it’s filling, pairs well with yogurt or just simple almond milk, perfect for any season, can easily be made in bulk, and could be made into bars!!
If you love a good meal prep concept or all things lemon blueberry, you need to try this vegan Lemon Blueberry Superfood Granola !!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with nutrients
No refined sugar
Homemade dried blueberries
Rich lemon flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 squeeze of lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Blueberries: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lay blueberries out on a pan covered in parchment paper and bake for 2-3 hours until desired texture. They dry out further once removed from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the oats, almonds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, quinoa, salt, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest maple syrup, and almond or vanilla extract together.
- Set aside.Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola onto a large pan in an even layer.
- Bake: for 50 minutes total, stopping about halfway through to check the granola and shake or stir the pan if needed.
- Store: Let the granola stand for 1-2 hours. Gently scoop the granola into jars or an airtight container for storing.