Easy Vegan Vanilla Cake
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one thing we all need, it’s an effortless cake recipe. I personally love sheet cakes. They are seamless to throw together, easy to store, and the list goes on. While many are all about the chocolate cake, I’m honestly team vanilla. I love the simplicity of the flavor and the fact that it pairs will with just about any fruit!
After exploring the Great Depression Cake which calls for no eggs or milk, I wanted to recreate a vanilla version that works, and the easy vegan Vanilla Cake was born. Look familiar? It’s also referred to as Crazy Cake!
What’s great about this cake is honestly everything. It’s quick, easy, affordable, perfect for any season, is buttery soft, can easily be made into a layered cake if desired, pairs will with any icing or fruit, requires no dairy or even vegan eggs, has minimal oil, you can reduce the sugar, and it’s just so good!!
If you’re searching for the most effortless vegan cake, this is it! You can to try this new Easy Vegan Vanilla Cake!!
Why this recipe is great:
Made with no dairy
Made with no eggs
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8" square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla in each of the two smaller depressions, and the vegetable oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won't rise.
- Pour water over the entire thing and mix until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. The texture is so much better a lil under cooked as it will continue to bake even when removed from the oven. Let the cake cool, then top with icing!
Be sure to use a good quality vanilla extract!