Vegan Roasted Dijon Brussels
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is a veggie I love thru and thru, it’s brussels sprouts! Surprisingly, I didn’t get to know and love this fab veggie until about 2009. All those years gone to waste without this fab veggie. (tears) What’s fab about this veggie is that it’s a true blank canvas. You can enjoy simply roasted or you can amp up that flavor factor and pair them with the perf sauce.
One of my personal favorite sauces, is all things dijon. It works seamlessly in salad dressings, countless marinades, and makes the best cashew cream sauce to enjoy brussels with!!
What’s fab about this sauce, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, features minimal ingredients, protein packed, cheesy, can be easily made in bulk, can be used for other dishes, perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, you can cook the onions/garlic in white wine for even more of a flavor boost, and you just can’t go wrong with this dish!
If you love more ways to love brussles, you’re going to love these new vegan Roasted Dijon Brussles!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with protein
Packed with flavor
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 5 cups Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsps dijon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt/Pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Toss and coat the halved Brussels with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the halves face down for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Rotate halfway and remove the leaves if they are beginning to burn. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and the shallots.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2. Remove from heat.
- In a high powered blender add the soaked cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, dijon, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Add more dijon if desired!
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Toss and coat the roasted brussels in the sauce. Garnish with optional parsley. Serve warm.
*If you'd like to pack on more flavor cook the onions and garlic with 1/4 cup white wine, reduce slightly and blend with the remaining sauce ingredients