Crispy Vegan Salt + Vinegar Potatoes
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
If there is one concept I don’t do a lot of, it’s potatoes. I feel as though I overlook them not because they are carb heavy, but because they are so wonderful just simply baked or mashed that I don’t explore other flavor profiles. However, there are so many ways to play around with potatoes and this is one!
I’m not sure why, but I love all thing salt and vinegar. There is something about it I just gravitate towards, so needless to say, salt and vinegar chips were always my go to lol. When thinking of the next potato concept it dawned on my to finally explore Salt + Vinegar style potatoes. I felt as though you’d prob see this type of potato paired with seafood, but that they had to be so good you could honestly pair them with just about anything. I was right!
What’s great about this concept, is simply, everything! They are quick, easy, tart, tangy, crispy, pack flavor, can easily be made in bulk, you could pair them with a sauce, they are perfect for any season, great for entertaining, and just my newest obsession!
If you’re searching for more ways to love potatoes or just love flavor packed dishes, you have to try these new vegan Salt + Vinegar Potatoes!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds mini potatoes or Yukon Gold, cut in half
- Kosher salt, for serving
- Minced fresh chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 2 tablespoon vinegar, kosher salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, pouring mixture over them, and toss + coat. Arrange the potatoes cut-side down.
- Roast until tender when pierced with a fork, 35 to 40 minutes, ensuring you toss potatoes two or three times for an even bake.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar to the cooked potatoes and toss. Season to taste, and add more vinegar if desired. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and chives. Serve immediately.