Crispy Old Bay Potatoes with Vegan Remoulade Cream
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Lately I’ve been exploring potato concepts as there is just so much you can do with them in regards to playing around with the flavors. I love a basic potato, but why go basic when you can easily elevate the flavor to be game changing?
Potatoes get a bad reputation for being white carbs and lacking nutrients compared to sweet potatoes, which is packed with fiber. However, white potatoes also pack tons of potassium. Actually more potassium than oranges or bananas!
Since leaving NYC and spending more time in DC/MD I immediately noticed the buzz around Old Bay. I honestly had never used it in anything besides the vegan lobster roll I created back in 2014, but it’s honestly such a staple. It pairs well with everything and it really brings up the flavor factor!
With thinking of the next potato concept, I knew I had to explore Old Bay Potatoes! The flavor alone is a selling point, but I wanted to elevate the flavor even more and boom, we created the dairy free remoulade cream! Typically recipes that feature Old Bay are paired with a remoulade sauce. It’s a mixture of many things, memorable, but typically mayo based. That being said, we substituted the mayo for a dairy free sour cream or yogurt and you can use non vegan options as well. It’s sweet, spicy, herby, and everything that dreams are made of!
What’s great about this recipe, is everything! It’s fairly quick, easy, perfect for any season, affordable, you can modify the remoulade sauce in case you don’t have everything, crispy, sweet, spicy, perfect for any season, great for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, you can use the sauce for other dishes, you can pair the potatoes with countless dishes, the sauce is mayo free, and it’s just such a good recipe!
If you love all things Old Bay or simply crave all things carbs, you’re going to love these new Crispy Old Bay Potatoes with vegan Remoulade Sauce!
Why this recipe is great:
You can use the sauce for other dishes
Can easily be made in bulk
Mayo free sauce
Crispy + Spicy!
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 24 ounce golden potatoes or baby red potatoes, halved
- 3 tsp OLD BAY seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup dijon
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large clove garlic, minced and smashed
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp celery, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line a pan with parchment paper
- Place prepped potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together OLD BAY seasoning and olive oil.
- Pour oil mixture over potatoes and gently toss to coat.
- Spread seasoned potatoes onto prepared baking sheet. Cut side down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring potatoes every 10-15 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- While potatoes bake, make the sauce! Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until smooth!
- Serve immediately with remoulade sauce. Garnish with fresh dill.