Cold Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
Hello & Happy Friday!!
In keeping with the theme to create flavor and nutrient packed dishes this 2019, I’ve been stepping up my salad game! I personally can throw together some arugula or a cabbage mix, a lil onion, avocado, and my favorite dressing and be good to go. However, for many of us we hit a plateau and get bored with everyday salads.
That being said, it’s good to have more festive concepts to really keep your love for salads alive!! Cue the vegan Cold Thai Noodle Salad with my favorite spicy peanut dressing!!
What’s fab about this salad, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, veggie packed, you can toss in whatever protein you like, has texture, tons of flavor, slightly sweet with a lil heat, has aesthetic appeal, is perf for any season, great for entertaining, and can easily be made in bulk!
If you’re looking for a fun modern veggie packed salad, you have to try this vegan Cold Thai Noodle Salad with spicy peanut dressing!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
A lil sweet, with a lil heat
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 servings - ramen or pad thai noodles
- 1 cup white cabbage
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Garnish: sliced limes, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice ( roughly ½ an orange)
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice ( 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Braggs Liquid Amino Acids
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and chill under cold running water.
- Peanut sauce: Combine everything in a small dish, whisk until smooth. Adjust the ingredients to taste.
- Place shredded veggies, bell pepper, scallions, and cucumber in a bowl, combine with cooked noodles. Pour the peanut sauce over top and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts, cilantro, a lime wedge and sesame seeds.