Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
Happy International Carrot Day!! Long ago I wasn’t crazy about carrots. Fast forward to today, we bake them as fries perhaps 2x wk or more. They have the same texture and flavor profile as sweet potatoes, but take less time to bake and are less carb heavy. Needless to say we are all about the carrots in this house!
Carrot cake is an Easter staple and I find that the flavor profile mimics that of pumpkin. Since I’m always about the pumpkin, carrot cake concepts are also some of my favorites. Plus, with a new babe, I’m practicing sneaking in the veggies wherever I can, and these pancakes are a must!
What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, no oil, doesn’t even need a vegan egg, affordable, packs tons of carrots, you can make with whole wheat flour if desired, it’s festive, pairs well with toasted pecans, and is perfect to capture the Easter holiday!
If you’re looking for an Easter inspired pancake or love all things carrot cake, you have to try my vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for Easter
No vegan eggs needed
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Almond milk
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of clove
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (optional)
- Combine together flour, sugar, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the almond milk, lemon juice, extract, whisk to combine, and pour into dry.
- Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Combine until just incorporated.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over low/medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and toasted pecans.