5 Minute Beet Hummus Recipe
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
In my early cooking days of 2014 I went on a binge with all thing beets! They pack nutrients and such a vibrant color making them so much fun to work with. I explored soups, burgers, and of course, a classic hummus!!
While you can throw fresh beets in the oven and wait for 45 minutes, you can easily grab canned or frozen beets and create the same dish in just 5 minutes!! In addition to beet hummus being a great snack to pair with veggies, you can also throw it on sandwiches and salads and more as a gorgeous flavorful garnish.
This recipe is fab for countless reasons. It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs nutrients, vibrancy, packs flavor, perf for any season, has minimal added oil, can easily be made in bulk, and is just such a timeless staple!!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy colorful app or something new to add to your meal prep, you have to try my staple 5 Minute Beet Hummus!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with nutrients
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 cups
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 cans of beets, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup tahini
- Kosher salt/Pepper
- Cucumber or Warm pita bread, for serving
- Garnish: sesame seeds, olive oil, fresh chopped dill
- In a high powered blender or food processor or, combine all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides and blend again.
- Season with salt and serve with veggies and or pita bread.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh dill and olive oil