- 4 cups Spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional if you don’t have vegan parm or want more cheese like flavor)
- 3/4 cup nuts (any kind, I used pine nuts)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (more if needed to achieve desired consistancy)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 10–15 basil leaves (the more the merrier)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1–16 ounce pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cups quartered & drained artichoke hearts
- 31/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded parmesan
- 1 cup vegan Follow Your Heart shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 5–10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
If you’re going to make your own dough:
- 4 cups flour
- 2 packets yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Combine the yeast with warm water. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes until it bubbles. Add the salt, sugar, and oil and combine. Add the flour and continue to combine until you form a dough. Knead for 5-7 minutes. Turn of the oven. Place the dough in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 45 mins or more.
- Preheat oven for 450 degrees. Once it’s doubled in size place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Process all of the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Spread the pizza evenly with pesto. Top with artichokes, sun dried tomatoes. vegan mozzarella, and and vegan parmesan cheese. (for more spinach top the pizza with it too!)
- Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minute. Cut into slices and serve.
To speed up the process: You can cook the spinach on the stove with a little olive oil, garlic, and white wine for 5-7 minutes, toss in the artichokes to get a good crisp while you flashback the pizza for 5-7 mins. Speeds up process and enhance flavors!
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner