2 Ingredient Vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Almond Flour Cookies
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
After the hectic holidays our energy is typically zapped when it comes to food prep. That being said, I’m on a mission to create effortless and affordable concepts from lunch to dinner, snacks and sweets!
When it comes to almond flour, I have a new found appreciation for it. While I like to keep recipes standard and more practical with utilizing white flour, you can actually create some effortless treats with just a little almond flour.
Don’t get me wrong, many can be completely flops, which is why I gravitated away from almond flour for a long time. However, that’s where I come in, because I’m happy to test healthier alternatives to find the ones that truly work, and this one does!!
What’s fab about this cookie recipe, is everything! It’s literally 2 ingredients, has note of maple syrup (if you don’t like maple syrup you may be able to use agave), buttery soft, quick, easy, the chocolate and hazelnuts give a nutella like flavor, perf for any season, and will change your mind about almond flour in minutes!!
If you’re searching for effortless treats, this will be your cup of tea! You have to try this recipe for vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Almond Flour Cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
No white flour
No white sugar
Rich chocolate with toasted hazelnuts
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 cookies depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup toasted crushed hazelnuts
- Combine the almond flour and maples syrup in a bowl, removing any clumps that form. Continue to mold the mixture into a dough until everything combines and holds together. Wrap in parchment paper and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 275. Take portions (about 2 tbsps) and roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and slightly flatten the cookies. These cookies will only slightly expand in size. If you want a more firm cookie simply bake til completely firm.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm, but still slightly soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then place on a cookie sheet to fully set.
- Once cookies have fully cooled pop the chips and the coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute stirring after 15 seconds until fully combine.
- Drizzle over the top and while still wet tops with the crushed toasted hazelnuts. Store in an airtight container.