Vegan Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
This week we’re featuring many plant based concepts, but we always have to embrace balance. So I’m sprinkling a lil love on EDS today with these new vegan Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies!!
For some reason, sprinkles resonate with everyone. Perhaps it’s the colors, the vibrancy they add or that they are just purely nostalgic. Whatever the case may be, they are always a win win.
Believe it or not, I had not done a sprinkle concept on EDS since our early days in 2014. That being said, I knew it was the perfect timing as you can find non toxic sprinkles more commonly. Years ago, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. Typical sprinkles are made with every chemical known to man, so if feasible, pick a non toxic option!
Another shocker, there wasn’t any vegan sprinkle cookie recipes online, until these new EDS vegan Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies!!
What’s fab about this recipe is well, everything! It’s quick (15 mins), easy, affordable (sprinkles $2.50), uses only 1 bowl, requires no standing mixer, festive, buttery soft, perfect for any season, perf for entertaining, and are guaranteed to brighten your day!
If you’re enamored with all things sprinkles, you hav to try these new vegan Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Uses one bowl
No standing mixer needed
Perfect for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- ½ cup vegan butter (8tbsp)
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan egg powder or ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons vegan sprinkles (whole foods brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put vegan butter into mixing bowl and microwave until the butter is half-way melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and whisk until completely melted. Let cool.
- Add sugar to melted, cooled vegan butter, vanilla and whisk until the butter is absorbed into the sugar.
- Combine vegan egg powder/flax egg with water, blend until smooth.
- Add vegan eggs to butter and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients including the sprinkles and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Roll into 2-tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten with your hand. They won't spread a lot.
- Bake for 10 minutes or longer if you made bigger cookies. They will look undercooked but will firm up after cooling.
- Let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.