Vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
When it comes to Christmas, it’s all about the chocolate! You can make a variety of effortless chocolate based desserts that involve minimal steps and ingredients, that will make you look like an iron chef! One of my favorite chocolate concepts is barks. A bark is simply a blend of chocolate and toppings all broken up into pieces and can look like a work of art.
The options are endless with chocolate flavors and toppings so it’s great for any season!
While I’m big on mint or peppermint, I do love some peppermint concepts around Christmas time.It’s indulgent, but also a bonus pallet cleanser and a breath freshener.
Since the I love a good chocolate bark I knew I had to do a peppermint chocolate bark. I love a good dark chocolate, but I gravitate more towards white chocolate for some reason. Before you stress about sourcing white chocolate, it’s actually quite easy to find today, because you can order it via Amazon. (not sponsored)
What’s great about this recipe is everything. It’s quick, easy, affordable, has aesthetic appeal, perfect for the holidays, great for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, you can skip the white or the dark chocolate if you prefer just one or the other, and it’s guaranteed to be a crowdpleaser.
If you love all things chocolate or meant, you’re going to love this new vegan White Chocolate Peppermint Bark!!
Why this recipe is great:
Has aesthetic appeal
Perfect for entertaining
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 back Lily's Sweets Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 bag Vegan White Chocolate Chips (amazon)
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes (crushed)
- Line an 8x8 baking dish or a small cookie sheet with parchment paper, pressing to ensure it is smooth.In a bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips with coconut oil for a minute.
- Remove and stir together with a spoon. The chips should melt after a few stirs but if not, microwave in 15 second increments until melted.
- Pour into the bottom of the baking dish or on cookie sheet and spread to cover.
- Place in your fridge for 5-7 minutes to set temporarily. You don't want to set longer than this else the layers of chocolate may separate once hardened completely.
- Melt the vegan white chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Remove and stir vigorously - the white chocolate should be melted and creamy. If not, microwave for another 15 seconds then stir again. White chocolate can seize up very easily so work carefully with it. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute.Remove the slightly hardened chocolate from fridge, then pour the white chocolate over it chocolate in the baking dish/cookie sheet.Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Place in the fridge until set, about 30 minutes.
- Remove, peel back from parchment, and break apart or slice into pieces when you're ready to serve it.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.