Vegan White Chocolate Pumpkin Muddy Buddies
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
While I typically stick to fruits and veggies, I also love to have fun in the kitchen! One of my favorite things to do is to remake iconic childhood recipes to be more modern and vegan. It wasn’t until recently that I heard of the concept called “muddy buddies”.
I remember seeing them at friends houses as a child, but still wasn’t quite sure as to what it really was. So for those who are also not familiar with this concept, I’m sure you’re asking yourself, ..what the heck is a muddy buddy? lol
Simply put, it’s a quick and easy cereal-based dessert that’s coated in chocolate and tossed in powdered sugar. It sounds very off-putting, overwhelmingly sweet, and just not my cup of tea. However, if you mix up the chocolate, throw in some spices it’s actually quite interesting!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, crispy, crunchy, sweet, has notes of pumpkin, perfect for fall, & even great as a homemade gift!
If you love nostalgic eats or all things pumpkin, you’re going to love this new vegan White Chocolate Pumpkin Muddy Buddies!
Why this recipe is great:
Can easily be made in bulk
Perfect for entertaining
Great as a gift
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
4 based on 1 review(s)
- 6 cups Organic Chex Cereal
- 2 1/2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pour cereal into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a a microwave safe bowl on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 15-30 seconds until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg until fully incorporated.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal, and fold until evenly coated.
- Pour the powdered sugar mixture over the cereal and gently fold until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle a little extra pumpkin pie spice on top before serving.