Vegan Pistachio Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Friday!!
On the weekends I love to do a dessert concept, and right now I’m all about the sheet cake! Gone are the days where you have to get fancy with icing and layer cakes. You can easily create an effortless sheet cake with half the time effort you can have an amazing cake, so I’m hooked! When thinking of the next flavor to do, it dawned on me how much I love all things pistachio.
Believe it or not there are not a ton of recipes for this concept. The majority are made with boxed pudding and or food coloring. However, I knew you could make a fab pistachio cake without all of that, and the new vegan Pistachio Sheet Cake was born! ..
What’s great about this cake, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, requires no eggs, no milk, minimal oil, features spinach, no food coloring, it’s buttery soft, perfect for any season, requires one bowl, has a gorgeous hue, is packed with pistachios and is just so good!
If you’re all about everything pistachio or just effortless vegan desserts, you have to try this new vegan Pistachio Sheet Cake!!
Why this recipe is great:
Smells like heaven
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 container ready made vegan icing
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8" square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients - two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and almond extract in each of the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won't rise.
- In a blender combined the spinach and water. Remove whatever is in excess of one cup.
- Pour spinach water over the entire thing and mix until smooth. Fold in the chopped pistachios.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine icing, extract and natural green food dye or matcha. Blend until smooth and you achieve a consistent color. Ice the cooled cake and enjoy!