Vegan Triple Berry Cream Cheese Danish
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
I’ve been featuring recipes only Monday thru Friday, but love a good brunch concept on a Saturday!! I don’t enjoy anything sweet for breakfast unless it’s a smoothie, but on a Saturday I love a little muffin or danish action, because they are so good and just so easy!!
Years ago I wanted to explore making vegan pastry dough. In my research I stumbled upon the fact that frozen store bought pastry dough IS ACTUALLY VEGAN!! Since this discovery I’ve noticed more and more pastry dough concepts are popping up and I love it!
What’s fab about pastry dough is it’s accessible, affordable, easy to work with, the options are endless, you can even create savory dishes with it and it will make you look like a pastry chef!!
What’s fab about these Triple Berry Cream Cheese Danish’s, is everything! It’s perf if you have a variety of berries on their way out, packs a natural sweetness with the orange juice, you can omit the cream cheese icing to avoid added sugar, it’s quick, easy, can easily be made in bulk, perf for Saturday brunch, perf for spring, and perf for entertaining!!
If you love quick and easy indulgent concepts to add to your Saturday brunch, you’re going to love these vegan Triple Berry Cream Cheese Danish’s!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for brunch
Can easily be made in bulk
Perf for spring!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 danish's
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 sheets frozen vegan pastry dough
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbs Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, cold
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375. Allow the pastry dough thaw out.
- Make the filling: in large pan add everything but the corn starch and orange juice. Cook until fruit is softened, 5 minutes. Once soft combine the orange juice and corn starch removing any lumps and pour over the cooked mixed berries. Continue to cook and stir for a few minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat, set aside. If you want a ultra smooth filling, simply throw in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Sprinkled the thawed out dough lightly with flour. Roll dough to make the square even and a little larger. With a pizza cutter create long strips. Connect the ends of two strips together and press. You can use water on your finger tips to help seal if needed. Twist the strips from the middle going outward and create a circle with them use one of the strips to create a bottom. They don't have to be sealed together. they will come together when you bake.
- Fill the dough in the center with the berry filling and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Combine the icing ingredients and drizzle over the slightly cooled danish's. Enjoy!