Vegan Sweet Potato Pecan Oatmeal Bake
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one meal I often struggle with, it’s breakfast. With a newborn baby having needs all day long, before I know it, it’s 1:00 and I still haven’t eaten. That being said, I’ve been brainstorming for effortless breakfast concepts that can be made in bulk. Years ago I used to eat oatmeal with peanut butter, and protein powder. During that time I was working out 90 minutes a day and it was great to fuel me throughout the day. While my love for the gym and oatmeal fizzled, lately I’ve been craving it!
During my repetitive oatmeal days I actually never baked it. In recent months I had seen baked oatmeal popping up and I was curious as to what the final result would be and the Sweet Potato Pecan Oatmeal Bake was born! The good news, it far exceeded my expectations!
What’s great about an oatmeal bake is that it’s protein and fiber packed, quick, easy, filling, can be made in bulk, can be made gluten free, you can make it as sweet as you like, and the options are endless in terms of creating flavors!
What’s fab about this particular recipe is that it packs so much flavor, good for any season, has multiple textures, the crumble top adds a hint of sweet and is gluten free, perfect for entertaining this holiday season or using for meal prep!!
If you love easy nutrient and flavor packed breakfast concepts, you’re going to be all about this new vegan Sweet Potato Pecan Baked Oatmeal with a crumble top!!
Why this recipe is great:
You can make endless flavor combinations
Perf for any season!
Great for meal prep
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 cups GF old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp solid coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Prepare the crumble topping by mixing together the almond flour, brown sugar, coconut oil, chopped pecans, and cinnamon. Mix the ingredients together until it looks like a crumbly mixture. Refrigerate the topping until ready to use.
- Add the mashed sweet potato to a large bowl along with the brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir until everything is evenly combined and mostly smooth. It's okay if there are a few lumps of sweet potato.
- Pour the almond milk into the bowl with the sweet potato mixture and stir or whisk to combine. Add the rolled oats and stir to combine again.
- Coat the inside of a 2 quart baking dish lightly with non-stick spray. Pour the oatmeal mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle the prepared pecan crumble topping over the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake the oatmeal in the fully preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the pecan crumble topping and edges of the oatmeal are slightly browned. Serve immediately with maple syrup or refrigerate for later. Can be eaten hot or cold.