Vegan Strawberry Champagne Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!!
With the warm weather upon us, everyone is reaching for white wines, rosés and champagne. While I don’t do a lot of alcohol, I honestly love to throw it in recipes as it adds more depth to savory dishes and puts a fun twist on desserts. One of my favorite concepts is champagne cupcakes. For whatever reason, champagne just pairs well with cake and icing and the combination is just magical. Have an affinity for all things champagne and cupcakes, I wanted to explore champagne pancakes.
Let’s be honest, when brunching, if you’re doing champagne, the last thing you want to do is throw champagne into a recipe. However, if you have some leftover or love champagne in recipes, this one requires a total of 3/4 cup! (you could also skip the champagne in the pancakes and just go for the fruit)
I personally loved the way these came out. It’s my standard pancake quick and easy pancake recipe that requires no dairy, eggs or oil. They are light and fluffy, have notes of strawberries, vanilla and champagne. They are perfect for any season, reason, great for brunch entertaining, the berries could be used on various desserts and they are just a fun take on classic pancakes!
If you love fun modern vegan pancakes, you have to try these new vegan Strawberry Champagne Pancakes!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for warm weather
Perf for entertaining
Strawberries can be used on other dishes
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 pancakes
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup champagne, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, 1 tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, 1/4 cup champagne, lemon juice, vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- in another bowl add the chopped strawberries, 1/2 cup champagne and 1 tbsp sugar, set aside to soak
- Fold 2/3 cup strawberries into the batter. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and the champagne soaked strawberries