Vegan Strawberry Biscuits
One of my favorite southern staples, is a good biscuit! While I love the traditional variety, you can easily make them milk and dairy free and you can absolutely mix up the flavors. To day I’ve done a Rosemary + Parmesan, Blueberry, Pumpkin Biscuits, Jalapeño Cheddar, Everything Bagel, and Cheddar + Chive!! If you can’t tell by now, I’m biscuit obsessed!
What’s fab about this recipe is everything! It’s my staple biscuit based, quick, easy, minimal ingredients, buttery soft texture, packed with fresh berries, perfect for any season, great for brunch, you can make them into a dessert and pair with ice cream, you can serve with a strawberry butter (combine butter w/strawberry jam), and they are great for entertaining!
Why this recipe is great:
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries
- Line a cookie sheet with nonstick parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Remove your vegan butter from the refrigerator and cut the vegan butter in with your hands, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add almond milk a little at a time until it forms a dough, you may have a little left over.
- Roll out the dough on a flat surface dusted with flour. If the dough is too sticky, add flour until it is manageable. Be sure you don't over-work the dough.
- Press strawberries into half the dough and fold one side over so they are protected inside.
- Use your hands to gently flatten layers together.Use your hands (do not use a rolling pin) to flatten the dough to 1" thick and lightly dust a 2 3/4" round biscuit cutter with flour.
- Making close cuts, press the biscuit cutter straight down into the dough and drop the biscuit onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until you have gotten as many biscuits as possible and place less than 1/2" apart on baking sheet.
- Once you have gotten as many biscuits as possible out of the dough, gently re-work the dough to get out another biscuit or two until you have at least 6 biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the biscuits in the freezer until the oven is preheated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are beginning to just turn lightly golden brown. Serve warm with vegan butter.