Vegan Pink Beet Pancakes
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
I know we are all cooped up inside, so it’s the perfect time to get in the kitchen and explore new recipes. One of my favorite weekend concepts is your standard pancake! Instead of keeping them plain Jane though, I love to mix it up and feature modern flavors.
Since spring has officially sprung, these vegan Pink Pancakes were a no brainer.
Believe it or not, vegan pancakes can be a complete flop. Typically there is too much moisture, the batter is saturated not enabling to cook through and you’re just left with a big ol’ mess. However, I’ve created the perfect vegan pancake base that doesn’t require oil or even vegan eggs! The recipe is full proof and you can simply mix up the add on’s to cater to the season and your tastebuds!
What’s fab about these pancakes, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, light, fluffy, cook thru, you can even throw in berries when you blend to add a fruit flavor, they are vibrant, pack beets, are perfect for spring, required not oil or vegan eggs, and are great for entertaining!
If you love fun festive vegan brunch concepts, you have to try these vegan Pink Pancakes!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for spring!
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 small boiled beet, size should fit in palm of hand
- Garnish: fresh fruit and coconut whip
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a blender add almond milk, lemon juice, almond or vanilla extract, and the boiled beet.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour 1 cup of the the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over low/medium heat. I found these burn easier for some reason!
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, coconut whip and fruit.