Vegan Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I’m all about the veggies most days, but I also love to have fun in the kitchen and whip up vegan alternatives to staple concepts! like these vegan Pigs in a Blanket!
Back in the late 90’s, this concept was at an all time high. Everyone served them at gatherings and they evolved to be a staple. Today they are seen less and less (good thing), but I still loved the components and the fact they are just so effortless! I typically gravitate away from anything that’s premade, but when you’re in a bind for time they can be a great solution.
I’ve been into all things Everything Bagel lately, so this recipe was just a no brainer!!
What’s fab about this vegan version?! Everything! They are quick, easy, fairly affordable, involve minimal ingredients, you can switch up the sauce, you can find store bought pastry dough everywhere, they pack more flavor with the seasoning, the sauce pairs perfectly, the dough is light and crispy versus crescent rolls etc, they are good for every season, can easily be made in bulk, great for entertaining, and perfect for game day eats!! Want to minimize the ready made products?! You can make carrot dogs instead!!
If you love effortless vegan concepts for entertaining or just to indulge, you’re going to love these new vegan Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket!!
Why this recipe is great:
Great for entertaining
Can easily be made in bulk
Pack tons of flavor
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound package frozen puff pastry (Pepperidge Farms is vegan)
- 1 package of vegan mini sausages
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp Everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter kosher salt
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured counter to a rectangle of about 19” x 12”.
- Cut the large rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut both smaller rectangles into eight equal sections down to 16 rectangles total.
- Spread a small amount of mustard on top ? of each pastry rectangle.
- Lay the sausage down on the large end and roll the sausage up in the pastry, sealing the ends.
- Put the sausage rolls in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes for the pastry to chill.Remove from the refrigerator and prick the tops with a fork, brush with the tops with melted vegan butter and sprinkle with Everything Bagel Seasoning.Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the pastry has turned a golden brown and looks crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature with more mustard.Mustard: Combine all the ingredients in a shallow dish and serve room temp.