Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
If there is one concept every weekend needs, it’s a good pancake recipe!! Vegan pancakes I feel like one of those starter items that opens ones eyes to realize, you can make even the most traditional items sans animal products. There is no need for milk, no need for eggs, it just works!!
While I love a good plain ol’ pancake, life is short, so I prefer to mix it up and always have fun with flavors. This applies to every recipe I feature on EDS!! Since we’re too far away from the more holiday flavors like gingerbread and pumpkin, I love to start focusing on lighter more spring ones, like lemon!!
I personally love all things lemon and perhaps even prefer it next to chocolate. (yup, I went there) I find it always adds a lightness to recipes, cuts thru flavors, adds dimension to recipes, and it’s perfect for any season. Don’t believe me? You can pair it with blueberries (obvi), strawberries, blackberries, thyme, basile, rosemary and the list goes on. You just can’t go wrong with lemon!!
What’s great about this recipe: It’s quick, easy, affordable, light, fluffy, packs tons of blueberries, a generous lemon flavor, features no dairy or eggs, perfect for spring, but great great for any season, and you can use this staple recipe and modify it with add ons as you see fit!!
If you love all things lemon or blueberries, you’re going to love my staple vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes!!
What’s great about this recipe:
Packed with blueberries
Notes of lemon
Eat Drink Shrink
Serves 8 pancakes
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract, optional
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- maple syrup, to serve
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, optional extract, and vanilla, and stir to combine
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the blueberries in and fold into the batter
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour about ½ cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.