Vegan Everything Bagel Biscuits with Scallion Cream Cheese
Hello &Happy Friday
There’s one thing I love on the send weekend it’s homemade pancakes or biscuits! As a true Southerner, biscuits are a staple no matter what the season. While the standard biscuit is amazing, I love to have fun with flavors and take a modern approach. To date I have produce everything from Parmesan Rosemary with truffle honey to Jalapeño Cheddar and even Pumpkin with Maple Butter. You really just can’t go wrong with the flavors and so it’s no surprise that I created an Everything Bagel Biscuit with Scallion Cream Cheese!
While living in New York my husband and I always would get everything bagels. There’s nothing better than a New York bagel in any variety, but I came to love the everything bagel flavor, which encompasses every kind of seed imaginable, because it just packs so much flavor! Today with everyone obsessed with the new Trader Joe’s everything bagel seasoning, I felt like it just made sense, and the Everything Bagel Biscuit was born!
What’s great about these biscuits is everything. It’s my staple biscuit recipe buttery soft, pact with flavor, can easily be made in bulk, perfect for entertaining, pears amazing with the scallion cream cheese and is an everything bagel lovers dream!
If you’re all about biscuits, carbs, or everything bagel seasoning you’re going to love these new Everything Bagel Biscuits with Scallion Cream Cheese!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Packs tons of flavor
Great for entertaining
Pairs well with the scallion cream cheese
Eat Drink Shrink
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 scallions chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper, and Everything Bagel seasoning; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Don't overwork the dough as they won't rise well.Pat the ball down into a 1" thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed. Top with melted butter and a sprinkle of Everything Bagel Seasoning (optional).
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet in th fridge for 30 minutes (optional) Will have better height when chilled!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Whisk the vegan cream cheese until smooth and combine with chopped scallions.