Vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one concept I love on the weekends, it’s a fab vegan muffin!! After finding the perfect muffin base I was off to create countless variations as the options are just endless!!
When it comes to my favorite summer fruit combo, it’s aboslutely strawberry and rhubarb. There is something about how the flavors marry together that is just so me! Like the muffins, I’ve done endless strawberry rhubarb recipes as it just keeps me coming back for more lol. The only downside to rhubarb is that it’s a seasonal item that thrives only in the summer. So when the warm temps hit, I’m all about it!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything. It’s quick, easy, contains minimal ingredients, is buttery soft, has aesthetic appeal, is perf for summer, perf for brunch, is packed with flavor, and captures the true essence of summer!
If you love staple flavor combinations or a great vegan muffin, you’re going to love these vegan Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with flavor
Perf for summer!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic oats
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup diced rhubarb
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the chopped strawberries and rhubarb saving a few to throw on top, and fill into the muffin cups. Garnish with oats.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. I like to cover the tops with an aluminum foil tint mid bake to If the to prevent the tops from drying out.