Vegan Peach Almond Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
One of my favorite summer fruits is shifting out of season by the end of this month! While you can buy a myriad of frozen fruits, it adds water content to recipes and it just tastes a million times better fresh and in season.
That being said, I’ve been on the move to develop countless peach concepts!
We all have our go to foods during the week. 3 things you’ll always find in my kitchen on any week day, is avocados, fresh sprouts to pair with them and a homemade banana bread. When your bananas are starting to go south, it’s the perf option and you can pair whatever add in’s you like to cater to the season and your tastebuds!
What’s fab about this peach almond banana bread, is everything! It’s my staple banana bread recipes that’s more dense then cake like, cooked all the way through, features a handful of ingredients, a little bit of added sweetness making the majority derived from the banana, egg free, dairy free, has aesthetic appeal, fresh peaches, and is the perf summer banana bread!
If you’re searching for that staple banana bread recipe or love peach anything, you have to try my vegan Peach Almond Banana Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No dairy or eggs
Packed with peaches
Perf for that end of the summer banana bread!
Cooks all the way through!
That perf bread like texture!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp all spice (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup peaches, chopped
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almond
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, almond extract or vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in the chopped peaches. Save the remainder to top it with.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with additional sliced peaches and almonds. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.