Vegan Mango Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If you know me, you know I love the majority of my indulgences to be fruit forward! One of my personal favorites is mango! I love it fresh, dried, and always throw it in my smoothies rather than opting for others.
Sadly, mango is one of those fruits that not utilized enough and if anything its found more in a chutney than a dessert. That being said, with the temperatures on the rise, I was excited to break out my mango puree. This product can be hard to find and may have to be ordered online, but you can easily pick up fresh mango and puree it!
Each week I make an effort to feature a few effortless recipes that can be thrown together with no skill involved. Salads and banana breads always work for everyone and this mango banana bread has been on my bucket list for a long time!
Believe it or not, while banana breads are easy, like all baked goods you have to be conservative with the amount of moisture that goes into the recipe. It can easily be oversaturated, soggy, and won’t cook through. Needless to say, I was nervous if the balance would be there, but it came out like sheer perfection!
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s quick and easy like all banana breads, has a gorgeous color, is buttery soft, multiple textures, a savory component with the nuts, the icing can be removed for less added sugar, and is non vegan approved!
If you love modern vegan banana bread concepts, you have to give this vegan Mango Banana Bread with coconut and macadamia nuts a try!
Why this recipe rocks:
You can opt out of the icing for no added sugar
Perf for warm weather
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mango puree (room temp) - I used can, make puree in notes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbs mango puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, mango puree, almond milk (room temp) maple syrup if desired, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with coconut and macadamia nuts. Bake for 30 minutes - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients and pour over top
Add 1 tbs lime juice to the wet for a more cake like texture and tropical flavor! (optional) To make the mango puree, combined 2 cups diced mangoes, 1 Tablespoon water and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Process in a blender until smooth.