Vegan Cinnamon Apple Bread
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
When it comes to fall I’m all about the pumpkin, but also all about the apples! There was a time when I was a raw vegan that I ate a Pink Lady Apple every morning! (I typically do a berry shake these days) Outside of the fall season I feel as though apples get somewhat overlooked, which is sad because there are 100’s of varieties, and perf for both savory and sweet dishes!
Before October even hit I had my fall recipe game face on and the first apple concept was an easy decision, a Baked Apple Cinnamon Bread!!
It’s so classic, so basic, it should be a staple in every home for the fall season! Believe it or not, most “apple breads” feature uncooked apples throughout the bread. While I love apples through and through, that just wasn’t appealing and didn’t capture the apple cinnamon combo we all know and love. That being said, I did a quick baked apple in a pan and boom, the vegan Baked Cinnamon Apple Bread was born!
What’s fab about this bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, cinnamon strong, packed with cooked apples, buttery soft but cooked all the way through, can easily be made in bulk, and is perf for the fall!
If you love all things cinnamon apple or just staple vegan concepts, you have to try my recipe for vegan Baked Cinnamon Apple Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packs tons of apple cinnamon flavor
Perf for fall
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbs vegan butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar for topping (optional)
- Place all the cinnamon apple ingredients in a pan over medium heat and cook for 7-10 minutes until soft and browned a little. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. combine mashed bananas (make sure to remove nearly all clumps), almond milk (room temp), coconut sugar or maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. If the oil begins to solidify due to the cold almond milk, simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and combine just until incorporated. Fold in the cooked apples saving 1 cup for the top.
- Pour both the batter into the greased pan and top with the additional cinnamon apples. Sprinkle with coarse sugar bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can incorporate additional spices with the apples if desired and add vanilla