Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
What’s fab about these bars, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, made with just 5 ingredients (peanuts are optional), can easily be made in bulk, are perfect for any season, gluten free, low sugar (chocolate is sweetened with stevia), can easily be stored frozen for when you’re craving something sweet, pack fiber and protein, and are my newest obsession!
If you long for simplest concepts that don’t disappoint, these vegan + GF Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are it!!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 12 bars
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (I used traditional)
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (processed into flour)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Lilys Sweets stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cover an 8 x 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup to a large bowl. Heat for one to 2 minutes, whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat, add the oat flour and stir until well combined.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to the pan and press into pan to spread evenly.
- It's easier to press with your hands as it will stick more to a spatula.
- Set aside in the fridge. In another bowl add the chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fully combined.
- Remove from heat and pour chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture. Shake pan side to side for an even coat. Top with chopped peanuts while still wet.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or overnight, until firm
- Remove from refrigerator and let bars rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- If they are cold, the chocolate may crack a bit when cutting. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Can be frozen.